As a company that takes pride in providing great customer service and that is driven by good ethics and customer satisfaction, we want to ensure that you receive your organic chocolates in optimum condition when ordering from us online.
Chocolates in general, but even more specific – organic chocolates – are extremely sensitive to heat. So, to protect your order during transit in the warmer months and to the warmer climate areas, we now have a Hot Weather Protection Pack available to purchase at the checkout.
The hot weather protection pack includes a polystyrene foam box, an iced gel pack and will be wrapped in metallised bubble wrap. This combination of elements is designed to keep the inside temperature between 14 and 26 degrees Celsius for as long as possible.
We highly recommend you purchase this pack during the months of October – April to ensure the safe transit of your chocolates. This pack is also available year-round for you to order if you are in hot weather climates.
Unfortunately, we cannot take responsibility for heat affected chocolate if a Warm Weather Protection Pack has not been purchased during these months. See more information on our Shipping page.
Thanking you in advance for your understanding.
PACKAGING RE-USE SUGGESTIONS
At Organic Times we believe in using sustainable practices wherever possible. Therefore, we have put together some ideas for re-use of the materials.
- The chill packs we use are suitable to freeze and refrigerate and can be melted and refrozen up to 7 times. Keep them in the freezer for when you need an icepack to keep your grocery shopping cool, in your Summer picnic basket or esky, or work lunchbox.
- The LDPE outer bag is 100% recyclable with other soft plastics. The non-toxic sodium polyacrylate gel inside means they are safe to use with food.
Metallised Bubble Wrap
- Use this to line a bag to create a thermal insulation when transporting perishable items from the market or health food store.
- Use it to post your own perishable items or even to post Organic Times chocolates to family or friends.
Polystyrene Foam Box
- Storage for small items such as; Lego, stationary, kids toys etc.
- Groceries holder for your car. Add your chill pack and keep your perishables stable, cool and fresh.
- Ice bucket for parties and barbies.
- Transport fragile items
- Give them away on Gumtree or Facebook marketplace.
- Planter box for growing seedlings.
Believe it or not, polystyrene foam can actually be recycled! For more information on this, please go to Planet Ark website.