Baked Lemon Cheesecake
Celebrating our 18th Birthday with this freshly baked lemon cheesecake, topped with just a few of the amazing offerings we’ve brought you over the years.
It’s thick yet smooth and fluffy in texture. Infused with fresh lemon which gives this baked cheesecake the perfect balance of flavour. A traditional cheesecake, with a not-so-traditional topping, each mouthful is a party!
A huge thank you to Sam @Wholesome Patisserie for creating this masterpiece.
- 1 x 220g pkt arrowroot biscuits
- 1/4 cup Organic Times Almond Meal (Blanched)
- 125 grams Organic Times Unsalted Butter (chopped and melted)
- 2 x 250g pkt cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 medium-large lemon zest (grated )
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (juice of half a medium lemon)
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 x 300g carton sour cream
- Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F). Grease a 22cm spring form pan with oil and then line the base of the pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add biscuits into a high-speed food processor, pulse on high until crushed into a fine crumb. Pour into a mixing bowl.
- Stir through almond meal and pour in melted butter. Mix until well combined and mixture sticks together.
- Press biscuit mixture into the base of prepared pan, refrigerate to set.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add cream cheese. Beat until just soft.
- To the cream cheese, add sugar, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice. Beat until just combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add sour cream, beat until well combined and smooth.
- Remove pan from refrigerator and pour filling mixture over base layer.
- Bake in oven for 1 1/2 - 2 hours or until the top of the cheesecake has set in the middle.
- Turn off oven and leave cheesecake in the oven with the door ajar with a wooden spoon. Let cheesecake cool in oven, approx. 2 hours.
- Once cooled, refrigerate, preferably overnight
- Slice cheesecake into 8 even slices. Sift over icing sugar.
- Top each slice with Organic Times ingredients and frozen raspberries.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 3-5 days.
- *To make these frozen raspberries, simply buy fresh raspberries and place them on a small plate and place them in the freezer. Freeze until solid, remove and place them on the cake. They will begin to defrost and get that frosted look.