Banana Chocolate Popsicles
Turn your sad bananas into happy goodness with these deliciously creamy and naturally sweet popsicles.
Made with your overripe bananas and our glorious chocolate almonds, it’s a great twist on the old favourite – “Barney Banana.”
We’ve also taken this opportunity to feature our friends, Wodonga Park’s amazing Australian Organic Macadamias. These premium organic macadamias hero in our White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies and our Chocolate Macadamias.
- 3 ripe medium/large bananas (peeled)
- 1 400ml can full cream coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Organic Times Icing Sugar
- 1/3 cup Organic Times Dark Chocolate Drops (melted)
- 2 tbsp Organic Times Milk Chocolate Almonds
- 2 tbsp Wodonga Park Roasted Macadamias (roughly chopped)
- 4 or 6 hole popsicle mould
- wooden popsicles sticks
- Add bananas to a large mixing bowl. Using an electric beater, beat bananas until mashed.
- Pour in coconut cream and vanilla, beat until completely smooth.
- Beat through icing sugar.
- Pour mixture evenly between popsicle moulds.
- Insert wooden popsicle sticks into each mould.
- Freeze for 4-6 hours or overnight, until completely solid.
- To remove, sit each mould in a jug of warm water until the popsicles slowly release from their moulds, alternatively, place each one under running warm water until they release.
- Place popsicles on a tray and have the chopped almonds and macadamias ready to go.
- Drizzle over melted dark chocolate and sprinkle with either chopped almonds or macadamias before the chocolate completely hardens. You can alternate the coated almonds and macadamias between each popsicle.
- Enjoy immediately or freeze for later!