Berry Jam Tarts
We love Mums ‘BERRY’ much!
Show your Mum just how much you LOVE her with this homemade berry jam tart recipe.
Brekkie, morning tea or dessert – Mum can enjoy these anytime of the day.
- 300g frozen mixed berries
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 80 grams Organic Times Rapadura Sugar
- Place all ingredients into a medium sized pot over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, cook mixture for 10-15 minutes until all the berries have broken down and the mixture has thickened into a jam like consistency. Help the berries break down by using a spatula to flatten them.
- Once cooked, remove from heat and pour into a clean bowl.
- Place in the refrigerator to set.
- In a high-speed food processor, add flour, icing sugar and chopped butter. Process until crumbly.
- With processor still running, add egg yolk through the shoot and enough of the iced water until mixture forms a dough.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured work surface. gently knead until smooth.
- Divide the dough in half and roll one half between 2 sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick. Place on a flat baking tray. Repeat this method with other dough half. Refrigerate rolled out dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F).
- Grease 2 x 12-hole shallow round-based patty pans. Set aside.
- Using a 6cm round cookie cutter, cut out rounds from each piece of chilled dough. Re-roll scraps as necessary.
- Press cut out dough into greased patty tray. Lightly prick the base each shell with a fork. Refrigerate for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and bake shells for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and dollop approx. 1 tablespoon of prepared jam into each shell, filling each nearly to the top.
- Return tarts to oven and bake for a further 10-12 minutes or until jam begins to bubble and pastry shells are lightly golden.
- Remove and set aside for 2 minutes to cool slightly.
- Remove tarts from pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with extra icing sugar and serve. May also serve warm.