Whether it’s by the bowl in front of the TV, or from coloured mason jars at a party’s end, our caramel popcorn is the best treat for the moment, whatever it may be.
The popcorn’s savoury nature subtly offsets the glossy sweetness of the enveloping caramel to create a moreish coupling that’s impossible to refuse.
Our recipe is wonderfully easy to make and with little to no mess, too. It’s absolute perfection.
- Heat ghee in a large pot over high heat
- Add 3 kernels to the pan to test and cover. Once kernels pop, add remaining kernels.
- Shake pan occasionally; keep over high heat until popping slows
- Empty popcorn into a large brown paper bag; add 2 teaspoons of Himalayan salt; shake bag
- Measure 12 cups (approx.) of popcorn; spread into two 22 x 33 cm baking dishes
- Set aside.
- Place the rapadura, butter and cream into a medium-sized saucepan
- Stir over a medium heat
- Bring mixture to the boil then boil for 1 minute, whilst stirring
- Pour mixture into mixing bowl and add vanilla extract
- Whip with beaters for 3 minutes until the sauce thickens
- Serve immediately or pour into a glass jar and store in refrigerator.
- Reheat before serving, preferably.
- Stir in ½ teaspoon of sea salt into heated CARAMEL SAUCE (see above)
- Drizzle Caramel Sauce over POPCORN (see above)
- Bake at 120 C for 10 minutes, then stir the popcorn.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes
- Serve freshly baked.