Chocolate Bundt Cake
We know not everyone is a fan of Christmas cake or the traditional Christmas Pud’, so allow us to present a tasty alternative with this yummy Chocolate Bundt Cake by Sam @Wholesome Patisserie.
Constructed using the finest organic ingredients from our pantry; this delicious cake is rich and fluffy with a slight hint of coffee woven through.
It will pair perfectly with your favourite hot drink or even that sneaky rum on Christmas day.
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 4 eggs ( lightly whisked)
- 1 1/2 cups Organic Times Rapadura Sugar
- 120 grams Organic Times Salted Butter (melted)
- 4 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup Organic Times Almond Meal (Blanched)
- 1 1/2 cups Organic Times Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Organic Times Baking Powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp guar gum*
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pure cream
- 3/4 cup Organic Times Dark Chocolate Drops
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF) and prepare bundt cake pan (see notes).
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together milk and coffee until coffee has completely dissolved.
- Whisk in eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk flour, almond meal, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, guar gum and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to milk mixture, beating between each addition. Beat mixture for a further 15 seconds or until well combined, smooth and shiny.
- Evenly pour batter into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let cake cool in pan for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan by turning it over onto a wire cooling rack. Tap on pan slightly to help the cake come out.
- Let cake cool completely on wire rack.
- In a small pot, heat cream on medium/high until tiny bubbles appear around the edges and in the middle, do not boil.
- Take off heat, add chocolate drops, whisking until chocolate has completely melted through.
- When smooth and shiny, let ganache cool and thicken in pot for 5-10 minutes. Pour ganache over cake.
- Decorate with fresh cherries and dusting of Organic Times icing sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
To prepare Bundt pan
- Melt a small amount of oil or butter in a bowl, approx. 2-3 tablespoons
- Using a pastry brush, dip it into the butter or oil and brush the entire inside of the bundt pan with a thin layer.
- Pour a small amount of cocoa powder directly into the pan, approx. 2-3 tablespoons. Shake cocoa around the pan so it sticks to the entire inside of the pan has a thin layer of the cocoa powder.
- *Find guar gum at any health food store. Use xanthan gum as a suitable alternative.