Chocolate Crackle Bars
With the school holidays just around the corner, we thought it would be the perfect time to share with you our Chocolate Crackle Bars recipe – made by Sam @Wholesome Patisserie.
These beauties will remind you of the chocolate crackles we all grew up enjoying at kids parties, but without the copha or additive-laced rice bubbles, just organic goodness.
What’s best about these crackles, is the addition of our delicious Little Gems – cute little buttons of organic chocolate covered in a crispy candy shell, coloured and flavoured with natural fruit and plant extracts.
Make this easy to follow recipe with the kids over the school break, for a healthier alternative and relive this childhood retro classic!
- Line a 20-23cm baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt together almond butter, maple syrup and butter over low-med heat, while stirring.
- Once melted, turn off heat and stir through desiccated coconut, cocoa and choc drops.
- Add in rice puffs, one cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Keep stirring until the choc drops have completely melted.
- Pour mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with as many Little Gems as you like :)
- Place slice into the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes or until completely hardened.
- Slice into long bars or alternatively, cut into squares.
- Will keep fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. You can even freeze these for up to a month. Wrap well.
- * Suitable alternatives to almond butter include Sunflower Seed Butter, Hazelnut Butter and Peanut butter.
- ** Either milk or dark drops will work in this recipe – depends on your preference.