Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes
Have your cake and eat it too with our delectable chocolate hazelnut cupcakes.
Baking this delicious recipe means you can indulge in our amazing milk chocolate coated hazelnuts while also enjoying the quality pantry products we offer including our organic cocoa and baking powders, choc drops, icing sugar, almond meal and butter.
You will love every tasty bite of this fluffy gluten free chocolate cupcake and all its crunchy hazelnut glory.
Recipe by Sam at Wholesome Patisserie.
- 2 cups Organic Times Almond Meal (Blanched)
- 1/4 cup Organic Times Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Organic Times Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp himalayan pink salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1 Tbsp vanilla bean extract
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF) and line a cupcake pan with patty liners, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond meal, cocoa, baking powder and salt until well combined, set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, maple syrup, milk and vanilla.
- Gently fold wet mixture into dry, mixing until well combined and smooth.
- Spoon batter evenly amongst cupcake liners, filling each liner to the top rim.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes
- Remove and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a high-speed food processor, process hazelnuts until roughly chopped, set aside.
- In a double boiler over low-medium heat, melt choc drops. Once completely melted and smooth, take off heat, set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add butter. Whisk butter for 30 seconds or until just soft.
- Gradually add icing sugar, 1 cup at a time.
- Add 1 tablespoon milk after each addition of icing sugar until mixture is smooth and comes together.
- Add melted chocolate and beat mixture for a further 30 seconds-1 minute or until light and fluffy.
- Add chopped hazelnuts, beat until well combined.
- Add more icing sugar or milk until desired consistency. Frosting should be smooth, easy to pipe and holds it’s shape.
- Prepare a piping bag with a large closed star nozzle.
- Fill piping bag with frosting and pipe rounds on each cupcake.
- Place one chocolate hazelnut on top of each cupcake.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container, in the pantry, for 4-5 days.