Chocolate Hazelnut Granola
Chocolate for breakfast, yes please!!
A healthy, wholesome and chocolate-y way to start the day!
This recipe from [email protected] will get you off to a kick-start and keep you going the whole day.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup whole hazelnuts (roughly chopped)
- 1/3 cup Organic Times Milk Chocolate Drops
- 2 tbsp Organic Times Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted )
- milk of choice
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF) and line a large flat baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, coconut, chopped hazelnuts, chocolate chips and cocoa, mix well.
- Pour over maple syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla. Using a wooden spoon, mix the wet ingredients into the dry, you may want to get your hands stuck in there for this step. Mix until well combined and a little sticky.
- Spread granola mixture out onto prepared tray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toasted and golden, making sure it doesn’t burn. Stirring granola halfway through cooking to ensure even roasting.
- Remove from oven and serve warm with milk or cool down completely and store in an airtight glass jar for later.
- Store granola in an airtight container or a glass jar, such as a mason jar, in the pantry, for up to 2 weeks.