Chocolate Matcha Brownies
Smooth, creamy and moist. Everything you want in your brownie.
With the extra addition of organic matcha from our friends at Zen Wonders, you’ll be treating your taste buds and energising your body.
ZEN WONDERS MATCHA – Made from the finest, young and softest shade-grown tea leaves following traditional methods, producing high-grade Matcha is a true work of art that involves a lot of patience, passion and attention to details in each and every step of the process.
Check out the Zen Wonders website to see more of their wondrous products!
- Preheat oven to 190ºC (374ºC). Line a 9” x 9” square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place chocolate drops into a large heat-proof mixing bowl, set aside.
- In a medium pot over low-medium heat, combine butter and cream. Stirring until butter has completely melted.
- Once tiny bubbles begin to appear around the edges, remove from heat and pour over chocolate in bowl. Leave for 2 minutes then gently stir until chocolate has completely melted and mixture is smooth and glossy. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attached or a large mixing bowl using a hand beater, add eggs and sugar. Whisk together until pale and creamy, approx. 3-5 minutes.
- Gradually pour chocolate mixture into eggs whilst slowly whisking to incorporate until just combined.
- Sift over flour and matcha, whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Pour batter into lined pan.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until the top has set.
- Remove and cool in pan for 30 minutes.
- Gently remove brownie from pan and transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Sift over desired amount of matcha powder and cut into squares.
- Serve and enjoy.