Chocolate Matcha Truffles
Chocolate Matcha Truffles – A match-a-made in heaven!
Who doesn’t love the rich, perfectly smooth and soft texture of a chocolate truffle? And when it’s made with our premium organic ingredients and our favourite matcha, Zen Wonders Matcha, you’ll be treating your taste buds and energising your body.
So simple to make but so enjoyable to eat! Sink your teeth into these today.
For more information on this amazing pure stone ground green tea that is Matcha, visit Zen Wonders Matcha.
- Place chocolate drops into a large heat-proof mixing bowl, set aside.
- In a medium pot over low-medium heat, combine butter and cream. Stirring until butter has completely melted.
- Once tiny bubbles begin to appear around the edges, remove from heat and pour over chocolate in bowl. Leave for 2 minutes then gently stir until chocolate has completely melted and mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Add 1-2 tsp of matcha (to taste) to the ganache and mix until well combined.
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours or until completely set and not runny.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- To scoop out truffles, use a melon baller or a rounded teaspoon. Place truffles onto prepared tray.
- Refrigerate truffles for a further 1-2 hours or until slightly hardened.
- Remove and dust over desired amount of matcha.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Must be stored in the refrigerator.
- Using a melon baller will help roll the truffle mixture to form smooth even balls. You may also lightly oil the melon baller in a flavourless oil such as sunflower oil so the truffles don’t stick.
- If you’re using alcohol flavourings, be careful not to add too much alcohol as this will make it more difficult for the truffles to set
- If you want to fasten up the chilling process, place the truffle mixtures in the freezer until completely set. The edges may feel firmer but the middle may not be set, to prevent this, give the mixture a stir every now and then.