Chocolate Olive Oil Cake
Moist and chocolate-y and made even more special with the addition of our Organic Little Gems.
Perfect as a celebration cake! Made by our friend and collaboraor Shelley @ Shelley Good Eats. Have your cake and eat it too!
- 3 cups plain flour
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 1/2 cup Organic Times Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Organic Times Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cups cold water
- Preheat oven to 160 Degrees Celsius. Line a square cake tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl whisk flour, sugar, cocoa and baking powder.
- In a jug or small bowl, whisk together vinegar, vanilla, olive oil and water.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until fully combined.
- Pour in to the prepared cake tin and bake in the oven for 30minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before icing.
- In a small saucepan heat the cream until it just starts to bubble on the edge.
- Remove from heat and stir through chocolate drops.
- Leave for 10mins before whisking with a fork to fully combine the cream and chocolate.
- Then allow to cool completely (30mins-1hr).
- Once cool beat the ganache with electric beaters for 2-3 mins until it starts to stiffen.
- Remove the cake from the tin, spread with the whipped ganache and top with coloured gems!