Cocoa Cashew Slice
Do you have a weakness for something sweet when relaxing with a cuppa? Why not try our Cocoa Cashew Slice!
No baking and no guilt, this nutty recipe is perfect for when you really want to cut the calories but still want to hit that chocolatey sweet spot.
Omitting refined sugar and adding maple syrup makes this slice a nutritious and moreish wholefood treat. It’s a quick recipe to whizz up and store in the fridge for the week ahead.
- 1 1/2 cups organic cashews
- 1 cup organic desiccated coconut
- 4 tbsp Organic Times Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 4 medijool dates (pitted)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- extra desiccated coconut (sprinkling on the top)
- Line small square/rectangular baking tin with baking paper and set aside
- Do a quick blitz of cashews then add remaining ingredients and blitz well until well combined
- Spoon evenly into a lined tin, sprinkle coconut on top and pop in fridge or freezer to set.
- Once set remove from fridge/freezer and cut into small pieces.
- Can be stored in fridge or freezer
- Make 2 or 3 batches in one go to save time and to have a healthy snack when the urge hits
- Store in fridge for up to 2 weeks