Dutch Pancakes (Poffertjes)
Not that we need an excuse to eat pancakes, but being Shrove Tuesday we thought we’d share our version of Dutch Pancakes / Poffertjes.
Light, small and fluffy, they are the perfect bite-sized yumminess.
We make ours for the OT team in our electric pancake pan, but you could just as easily cook up small spoonfuls in a regular fry-pan. Serve them up with your favourite toppings!
- 2 cups organic self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp Organic Times Icing Sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup organic milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 organic free-range eggs
- 20 grams Organic Times Unsalted Butter (for greasing pan)
- Organic maple syrup
- sprinkle Organic Times Icing Sugar
- squeeze lemon juice
- dollop strawberry jam
- scoop fresh cream and berries
- Sift flour, icing sugar and salt together into a large mixing bowl
- Add milk and water and mix with an electric mixer until smooth
- Add eggs and mix until well combined and smooth
- Heat fry pan or poffertje pan and lightly grease with butter
- Add small amounts of mixture to the fry pan or add the mixture until the poffertje pan holes are ¾ full
- Cook for a few minutes then turn over using a spatula or wooden skewers
- Remove from pan once pancakes are golden brown and puffy
- Serve immediately with your favourite pancake toppings