Fructose-free Fudgey Eggs
Another wholesome and healthy alternative creation by Jody @ Nourish & Move.
With minimal ingredients, these decadent little eggs are a healthy, fructose-free alternative to traditional solid chocolate eggs.
They’re easy to make and have a delicious “melt in your mouth” consistency. You can easily change up the flavours by trying out different mix-ins.
- Line a shallow baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Melt the cocoa butter in a heatproof bowl over a double boiler. Be careful not to let any water mix in with the cocoa butter. Once melted, carefully remove the bowl from the heat.
- Add the cocoa and syrup and stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture onto the baking paper and gently spread it out with a spatula. Leave it for a few minutes to cool slightly.
- Sprinkle evenly with the coconut and almonds.
- Place the tray in the fridge for a couple of hours until the chocolate mixture has set.
- Gently pinch off sections of the chocolate mixture (it should peel easily from the paper) and roll into balls between your palms. Once each ball is formed, gently flatten the ball into the shape of an egg.
- Roll the eggs in cocoa.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
- Feel free to experiment with other toppings such as cocoa nibs, goji berries, other dried fruits etc.