Granola Carrot Cake
If there is a bag of granola/ muesli + a couple of carrots sitting in your house, you know it’s time to make this GRANOLA CARROT CAKE!!
Super easy to make and packed with healthy fats & protein – perfect for meal prep or snacking throughout the day!!
Thank you to Candy@nourishandflourishsyd for another nourishing and tasty recipe!
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp spice mix: ginger & nutmeg + pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Organic Times Baking Powder
- 4 tbsp vanilla protein
- 3/4 cup Organic Times Rapadura Sugar
- 2 flax eggs (flaxmeal + 6 tbsp water)
- 1/3 cup cream cheese or yogurt
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp Organic Times Blackstrap Molasses
- 1 + 3/4 cups carrot (grated )
- 1/2 cup nuts/ seeds/ granola/ choc chips (chopped)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 2 tbsp Organic Times Icing Sugar
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
- Mix together flour, protein powder, baking powder, spice mix in one bowl.
- Mix together wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Mix wet into dry then fold in granola and grated carrots.
- Bake in oven for 45-50mins or until center of cake comes out clean when tested with toothpick.
- Allow to cool in baking tin for 20mins then remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar and mix well.
- Top cooled cake with frosting and sprinkle with your choice of granola, nuts, seeds and or choc chips