Homemade Barbecue Sauce
This Australia Day, rather than serving store bought barbecue sauce, consider making a home-made sauce with ingredients found close to the source!
Made using our Organic Blackstrap Molasses, this “wholesome” organic barbecue sauce recipe by Wholesome Patisserie is ideal for those hot summer barbecues.
Dancing with flavours of sweet, sour and spice, it will be perfect on a tasty steak, veggie burger or even better, added to your favourite wood-oven pizza.
This delicious sauce will entice all your guests – carnivores and vegetarians alike!
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Organic Times Blackstrap Molasses
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Organic Times Rapadura Sugar
- 1 tbsp Organic Times Salted Butter
- 1/2 tbsp french mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 2 tsp Organic Times Coconut Flour
- Combine all ingredients except coconut flour into a medium sized pot over low heat, mix well.
- Turn heat to medium-high, bring to a boil, constantly whisking until mixture begins to bubble.
- Reduce heat to a simmer once it has reached boiling point, stir through coconut flour, mix well.
- Once sauce has thickened, turn off heat and slightly cool.
- Pour sauce into clean glass jars or mason jars, cool completely with lids off.
- Store in the refrigerator or pantry.