This Honeycomb-teaser Slice has been created by Karina of Dandelion & Mallow as a wholefood substitue for generic, store-bought honeycomb chocolates.
Our Rapadura Sugar creates the most wonderful and rich caramel taste sensation, and is perfect for making the best honeycomb.
Every sweet-tooth in the house is going to love this recipe!
- 1 1/4 cups Organic Times Rapadura Sugar
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Murray river sea salt
- Line a baking tray with baking paper - we love unbleached, compostable ones like ‘If You Care’.
- In a medium saucepan, mix the rapadura sugar, maple syrup and water.
- Stir over a medium high heat, until the sugar only just dissolves. After this, do not stir again.
- Let the mixture come to a rolling boil and cook until the mixture becomes dark and is around 145 degrees (this should take less than 10 minutes).
- Remove from the pan and quickly whisk in the baking soda (but do not over mix!).
- Pour onto the baking paper, using a wooden or stainless-steel spatula to scrape it from the pan, but do not play with it once it hits the paper. Leave it rustic looking!
- Sprinkle the sea salt on top of the honeycomb. Let the honeycomb cool and harden.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the honeycomb and sprinkle with the little gems.
- Break apart when cool and serve.