This week we share another classic taste combination – orange & chocolate.
If you think you don’t like the pairing of these two flavours, we think you’ll be pleasantly surprised once you try these.
Eat them with freshly drizzled dark chocolate on top – Enjoy!
- 80 grams Organic Times Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (approx. 1 large or 2 small oranges)
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 tsp Organic Times Baking Powder
- 2 cups Organic Times Baking Powder
- 1 cup Organic Times Rapadura Sugar
- 2 Organic Times Rapadura Sugar (lightly whisked)
- 3/4 cup Organic Times Dark Chocolate Drops
- Organic Times Dark Chocolate Drops
- Extra orange rind for decoration
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 12-hole muffin pan with patty cases, set aside.
- In a small saucepan gently heat butter, milk, orange rind and juice together over medium heat until butter has melted and is smooth. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together flour and baking powder. Stir in coconut and sugar.
- Gently fold through milk mixture and whisked eggs until just combined.
- Fold through chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each liner ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over each muffin and decorate with extra orange rind.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Ensure you do not over mix the batter, this will cause it to be tough.
- Store muffins in an airtight container, in the pantry for up to 1 week.