Mallows and Peanut Butter Rice Crisp Slice
Nutty, gooey, crispy and yummy – is how to best describe this recipe.
Make it with or without the extra sweetness of the caramel sauce.
Great for lunchboxes, after school snacks or weekend move-time treat.
- 1/2 cup Organic Times Salted Butter
- 4 cuos Organic Times Vanilla Mallows Marshmallows
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 5 cups puffed rice
- Line a 9” x 9” square baking pan with baking paper, set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Once completely melted, turn heat to medium and allow butter to brown for 5-7 minutes, mixing, making sure to not let it boil/ burn. Remove and set aside.
- Over a double boiler, using a large heat-proof mixing bowl over a pot of simmering water, add browned butter, marshmallows and peanut butter to the bowl.
- Stir until completely melted down and smooth, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Gradually stir through the rice crispy cereal, mixing well after each addition until well blended.
- Remove from heat and quickly pour mixture into lined pan, pressing into the pan with the wooden spoon, smoothing out the top.
- Optional - drizzle slice with caramel sauce.
- Set slice at room temperature until completely cooled.
- Remove from pan and cut into squares.
- Stir sugar, butter and cream over a medium heat
- Bring mixture to the boil then boil for 1 minute.
- Pour mixture into mixing bowl and add vanilla extract
- Whip with beaters for 3 minutes until the sauce thickens
- Drizzle caramel over slice
- Store in an airtight container, in the pantry or refrigerated, for 1 week.