Mallows & Gems Biscuits
Consider this is an Anzac biscuit for the kids. Big kids & small kids alike.
A traditional recipe base with the added colour and crunch of Little Gems & vanilla-gooeyness of our Marshmallows.
Another fun twist on a classic recipe by Sam @wholesomepatisserie
- 1 1/4 cups plain all purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Organic Times Rapadura Sugar
- 1/3 cup Organic Times Little Gems
- 125 grams Organic Times Salted Butter
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp boiling water
- 1/2 cup Organic Times Vanilla Mallows (Marshmallows) (chopped in quarters )
- Pre-heat oven to 160ºC (320ºF). Line a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, oats, coconut, both sugars and little gems. Mix well to combine.
- In a small pot, combine butter and golden syrup over a low-medium heat. Stirring occasionally, heat until butter has completely melted. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, add baking soda and pour over the boiling water, mix quickly to combine. Immediately pour into butter mixture and allow it to froth. Once frothing, straight away pour over dry flour mixture. Mix with a wooden spoon to combine well.
- Stir through chopped mallows.
- Pick up approx. 2 tablespoons worth of mixture and roll into a ball.
- Place on lined tray and press down firmly using the palm of your hand to flatten into a round biscuit.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden and mallows are bubbling.
- Remove and cool on pan for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container, in the pantry, for 4 days - 1 week.