Mocha Almond Butter
Almonds, coffee and chocolate – the 3 perfect ingredients to get kick-start your morning. Spread this deliciously decadent combination on your toast, dollop it on your breakfast bowl or even spread it on slices of apple at morning tea break.
Crunchy, creamy and caffeinated – it’s super simple and totally addictive! It’s also a key ingredient in the recipe for our Mocha Choc Drop Cookies.
Recipe by Nourish Me Mum
- 3 cups whole almonds
- 150 grams Organic Times Dark Chocolate Coffee Beans
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°C.
- Place almonds on a baking sheet and lightly toast in the pre-heated oven for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- In the bowl of your food processor combine cooled almonds and half (75g) the dark chocolate coffee beans. Process for one minute, until a crumb forms.
- Scrape down the sides of your bowl and add remaining beans. Process until loose and smooth. Scraping down the sides of your bowl as needed to fully combine. Time required will vary depending on the equipment you are using.
- Our food processor takes 5 minutes to achieve the desired smooth, glossy, yummy almond butter texture we love.
- You will retain a slight coffee bean crunch that makes this nut butter extra special.
- Store in an airtight container, refrigerated for up to a month.