Mocha Dream No-Bake Tarts
Impress your guests with these healthy Mocha Dream No-bake Tarts! Rich and creamy chocolate mousse with a kick of coffee flavour on a buttery shortbread base; who can resist these heavenly treats?
You can make them ahead of time and simply defrost at room temperature for a few minutes for an easy, healthy treat after dinner. No-bake recipe means less hassle and all you need is a blender/food processor and a silicone muffin mould. The creamy texture comes from one secret ingredient: AVOCADO, which is packed with healthy fats, vitamins and minerals – so you can indulge without any guilt!
This recipe by Candy@nourishandflourishsyd is also vegan, gluten-free, paleo friendly.
- 1 cup Organic Times Almond Meal (Blanched)
- 3 tbsp runny nut butter (peanut or almond butter)
- 1 tbsp Organic Times Blackstrap Molasses
- 2 tbsp liquid sweetener of choice (maple syrup, honey, rice malt syrup)
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 3 medium ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup Organic Times Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 6 tbsp liquid sweetener of choice (maple syrup, honey, rice malt syrup)
- pinch salt
- Blend all the Base ingredients in a food processor until mixture becomes crumbly and sticky.
- Press on the bottom of a silicon mould.
- Pop in the freezer while making the filling.
- Blend all the filling ingredients in a food processor until smooth
- Fill on top of the base
- Decorate with desired toppings e.g. nuts, seeds and fresh fruits.
- Place tarts in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Defrost at room temperature for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Goji berries, pepitas, sunflower seeds, walnuts, macadamias, flaked almonds, toasted coconut, hemp seeds and anything else you like!