Mocha Mallow Hot Chocolate
Our Vanilla Mallows couldn’t have come at a better time. No stovetop hot chocolate is complete without the fluffy blanket of sweet marshmallow to top it off. And no Winter is enjoyable without the undeniable warmth and relaxation that comes from nursing an enchanting hot chocolate.
With a touch of coffee flavouring and decoration, it acts as a wonderful complement to the mallow blanket.
This recipe from Sam at Wholesome Patisserie strikes a perfect balance between the extremes of hot chocolate making. It’s neither watery nor thick; neither powdery or clumpy. It’s the Goldilocks of hot chocolate: it’s juuust right.
- 2 cups milk of your choice
- 1 1/2 tbsp Organic Times Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Organic Times Rapadura Sugar
- 3 tbsp Organic Times Milk Chocolate Drops
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- In a medium sized saucepan over high heat, bring milk, cocoa, sugar and vanilla to a boil.
- Once steam is coming off the mixture, add chocolate drops and whisk until melted.
- When the mixture has come to a boil, turn off the heat and let it sit until drinking temperature.
- Pour into mugs.
- Add marshmallows into the hot chocolate to float on top.
- Place chocolate coffee beans amongst marshmallows.
- Drizzle melted chocolate drops over the top.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- You can also use any kind of nut milk or soy for a non-dairy alternative.