Pumpkin Scones and Pumpkin Soup on a cold day – hearty, healthy and delicious! Top it all off with our organic and grass-fed butter, for that extra creaminess.
Make them together to get the extra addition of pumpkin in your day!
- 50 grams Organic Times Salted Butter
- 1 large onion ( peeled and roughly chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and minced)
- 1 kg butternut pumpkin (skin/seeds removed and roughly cubed)
- 1 bay leaf
- 3-4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper ( to season )
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onion and sauté in butter until just softened. Stir through minced garlic.
- Add cubed pumpkin and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add bay leaf and pour over enough stock to cover the pumpkin.
- Cover and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low-medium and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until pumpkin has completely softened. Discard the bay leaf.
- Turn off heat and using a stick blender, blend soup until smooth. Or use a high-speed food processor, blend soup in batches until smooth then return to the pot.
- Place pot back onto the stove over a medium heat.
- Season soup with cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper, mix well. Remove from heat.
- Pour soup into serving bowls.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store soup leftovers in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 1 week.