Warming Spiced Oatmeal Bowl
Sugar and spice and all things nice, that’s what this recipe is made of.
Take a traditional oatmeal base, with the addition of some tasty spices and you’ll have a hearty brekkie, to help get you going.
Candy has used a variety of exotic fruits for her toppings, however feel free to mix it up with your favourites or go with what’s in season.
Don’t forget to drizzle with our molasses for that extra boost of vitamins and minerals! Candy calls it “lots of fruit and good fats in a bowl”.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 tbsp Organic Times Blackstrap Molasses
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 half medium banana (mash half of it into paste)
- In a saucepan place in all the ingredients except the sliced banana, bring to boil on medium heat.
- Turn to low heat and let simmer until desired consistency
- Turn off heat and top the oatmeal with toppings of choice. Drizzle more molasses on top as desired.
- Use the other half of banana sliced on top
- Topping ideas: fresh figs, nectarines, cinnamon spiced apples, hemp seeds, grapes and longan fruits